Current Watches and Warnings
Hawaii, Oahu Koolau
Flash Flood Warning
Statement as of 9:40 PM HST on July 24, 2016
Expires 6:30 AM EDT on July 25, 2016
The National Weather Service in Honolulu has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
the island of Oahu in Honolulu County
* until 1230 am HST
* at 933 PM HST... radar continued to indicate heavy rain over much
of Oahu. Rain was falling at a rate of 2 to 4 inches per hour.
Flash flooding is occurring in many locations across the island
already. H-1 westbound has been closed at liliha street and school
street, with reports of cars stalled in the Road as a result of
the flooding. Many area streams have risen above flood stage as
well... with additional flooding imminent over the next several
hours. This is a dangerous situation... with damage likely to occur
in the areas which are typically susceptible to flooding from
* Locations in the warning include...
the island of Oahu.
A Flash Flood Warning means that flooding in imminent or occurring in
streams... roads... and low lying areas. Move to higher ground now.
Do not cross fast flowing water in your vehicle... or on foot. Turn
around... Don/T drown.
This warning may need to be extended beyond 1230 am HST if heavy rain
Lat... Lon 2153 15784 2147 15784 2141 15778 2147 15777
2147 15773 2141 15774 2131 15765 2126 15770
2130 15772 2126 15782 2134 15790 2130 15791
2134 15797 2130 15811 2149 15824 2153 15823
2158 15828 2158 15812 2169 15803 2171 15797
Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 3:46 PM HST on July 24, 2016
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on July 25, 2016
330 PM HST sun Jul 24 2016
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect through Monday morning...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* through Monday morning.
* Rain bands around Tropical Storm Darby will bring frequent
showers and isolated thunderstorms... with periods of heavy
rainfall and flash flooding possible tonight and Monday morning.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is very dangerous.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
... High surf advisory now in effect until 6 am HST Monday...
* surf... 6 to 9 feet along east facing shores.
* Timing... through 6 am HST Monday.
* Impacts... moderate... expect strong breaking waves... shore
break... and strong longshore and rip currents making swimming
difficult and dangerous.
Beachgoers... swimmers... and surfers should heed all advice given
by ocean safety officials and exercise caution. Know your limits
and seek ocean recreation areas best suited for your abilities.
Tropical Storm Warning
Statement as of 5:00 PM HST on July 24, 2016
Expires 7:00 AM EDT on July 25, 2016
... Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect...
... Precautionary/preparedness actions...
Tropical storms can bring very heavy rain leading to flash
flooding. People near streams... rivers... and low-lying flood
prone areas are urged to be especially alert to flash flooding.
In areas where strong winds are occurring... remain indoors.
localized winds of 20 to 35 mph can be expected mainly to the
east of the track of Darby... along with some gusts over 45 mph.
These winds are most likely to occur over mountainous terrain...
through passes... and to the west or northwest of mountains where
winds will be blowing downslope.
Loose items... such as garbage cans and outdoor furniture... will
be blown around. Weaker branches or trees can be brought down by
the wind. Power outages will be possible.
... Storm surge and storm tide...
surf along east facing shores of Kauai and Oahu will be 6 to 9 feet.
See the high surf advisory for more details. Rough and elevated surf
is also possible on south facing shores.
... Inland flooding...
slow-moving rainbands will bring showers at times... some of which
could be heavy. There is a chance for more intense downpours
or thunderstorms to develop tonight and Monday. If heavier storms
develop... they could cause flash flooding. See the Flash Flood Watch
for more details.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Delaware - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- District of Columbia - Heat Advisory
- Hawaii - Tropical Storm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Kansas - Special Statement
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Maryland - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - Heat Advisory
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Record Report
- Mississippi - Special Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Jersey - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Record Report
- New York - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- North Carolina - Heat Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Ohio - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- West Virginia - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch
- - Marine Warning