New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:16 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on April 22, 2014
... Flood Warning extended until Tuesday evening...
the Flood Warning continues for the Ochlockonee River near
Thomasville (us 84).
* Until Tuesday evening... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 9:00 PM Saturday the stage was 15.6 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 16.1 feet by
Sunday afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage
* Impact... at 17.0 feet... small country roads used mostly to access
homes will begin to flood.
Lat... Lon 3104 8396 3091 8406 3069 8432 3068 8422 3092 8394 3104 8388
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 9:04 PM EDT on April 19, 2014
The National Weather Service in Charleston has issued a
* Flood Advisory for minor flooding of poor drainage areas in...
southern Chatham County in southeast Georgia...
* until midnight EDT
* at 854 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar indicated
heavy rain occurring along a line extending from Fort Pulaski
National Monument to Ossabaw Island... or along a line extending
from Fort Pulaski National Monument to 13 miles southeast of
Richmond Hill... moving northwest at 5 mph.
Doppler radar has shown as much as 1 to 1.5 inches has fallen over
the eastern part of Chatham County since 8 PM... and an additional
1 to 1.5 inches can still occur.
* Locations in the advisory include but are not limited to...
Wassaw Island... Ossabaw Sound... Fort Pulaski National Monument...
Skidaway Island... Wilmington... Wilmington Park... Wilmington
When driving at night... flooding is nearly impossible to see. If your
car loses traction when driving through ponded water... avoid rapid
braking or steering. Traction should resume shortly. Avoid driving
through water of unknown depth. Only one foot of water can stall a
vehicle. When encountering flooded roads make the smart choice... turn
around... dont drown.
Lat... Lon 3180 8118 3185 8114 3188 8115 3190 8117
3189 8122 3191 8122 3189 8124 3191 8123
3191 8126 3193 8126 3193 8127 3201 8106
3205 8102 3206 8098 3202 8084 3197 8086
3194 8091 3182 8104 3179 8106 3174 8113
- Alabama - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Warning
- New Jersey - Record Report
- New York - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Frost Advisory
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning
- Vermont - Flood Warning
- Washington - Areal Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning