New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Broward County
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 2:18 PM EDT on October 23, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on October 24, 2014
... High rip current risk in effect from 8 PM EDT this evening
through Friday evening...
The National Weather Service in Miami has issued a high rip
current risk... which is in effect from 8 PM EDT this evening
through Friday evening.
* Timing... this evening through Friday evening.
* Impacts... rip currents are expected at the Atlantic beaches
creating hazardous conditions for swimming.
There is a high risk of rip currents.
Rip currents are powerful channels of water flowing quickly away
from shore... which occur most often at low spots or breaks in The
Sandbar and in the vicinity of structures such as jetties and
piers. Heed the advice of lifeguards and the beach patrol. Pay
attention to flags and posted signs.
If you become caught in a rip current... do not panic. Remain
calm and begin to swim parallel to shore. Once you are away from
the force of the rip current... begin to swim back to the beach.
Do not attempt to swim directly against a rip current. Even a
strong swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alaska - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Dakota - Special Statement
- Texas - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Special Statement