New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Florida, Coastal Bay
Coastal Hazard Statement
Statement as of 9:50 AM CDT on September 15, 2014
Expires 5:00 AM EDT on September 16, 2014
... High rip current risk remains in effect through late tonight...
* location... the beaches of the Florida Panhandle and western
* Timing... through tonight.
* Beach flags... red.
* Surf... 2 to 3 foot breakers with some 4 foot sets.
* Impacts... the surf will be dangerous for anyone entering the
There is a high risk of rip currents. Rip currents are powerful
channels of water flowing quickly away from shore... which occur
most often at low spots or breaks in The Sandbar and in the
vicinity of structures such as groins... jetties and piers. Heed
the advice of lifeguards and the beach patrol. Pay attention to
flags and posted signs. If you become caught in a rip current...
do not panic. Remain calm and begin to swim parallel to shore.
Once you are away from the force of the rip current... begin to
swim back to the beach. Do not attempt to swim directly against a
rip current. Even a strong swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
- Alabama - Special Statement
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Massachusetts - Record Report
- Michigan - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Hydrologic Statement
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Vermont - Record Report
- Washington - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - Record Report