New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Lake Wind Advisory
Statement as of 2:10 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on November 01, 2014
... Lake Wind Advisory in effect from 8 am to 8 PM EDT Saturday...
The National Weather Service in Tampa Bay area - Ruskin FL has
issued a lake Wind Advisory... which is in effect from 8 am to
8 PM EDT Saturday.
* Timing... 8 am to 8 PM EDT on Saturday.
* Winds... northwest winds will increase to around 20 mph with
frequent gusts up to 35 mph.
* Impacts... hazardous boating conditions will develop on area
lakes as winds increase across the region.
A lake Wind Advisory is issued when sustained winds are forecast
to be 20 to 29 mph with frequent gusts to near or above gale
force for at least 3 hours. Winds of these magnitudes will
create rough conditions on larger area lakes which could produce
damage to... or flip... small pleasure craft.
Outdoor enthusiasts may wish to postpone lake related activities
until conditions improve.
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Special Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Lakeshore Flood Advisory , High Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Watch
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning, Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Public Information Statement
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Rhode Island - High Wind Watch
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Wind Advisory, Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Air Quality Alert
- - Gale Warning