Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 4:16 AM EDT on April 18, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on April 18, 2015
..the National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a red flag
warning for portions of northern Connecticut... which is in effect
from noon today to 8 PM EDT this evening... for elevated fire
weather potential /relative humidities at or below 30 percent and
wind gusts of 25 mph or greater/. The Fire Weather Watch is no
longer in effect.
* Affected area... Hartford CT... Tolland CT and Windham CT.
* Winds... west 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... noon to 8 PM today. Lowest relative humidity values
will occur around noon through late-afternoon... while the
strongest winds are expected during mid- to late-afternoon.
* Relative humidity... as low as 22 percent.
* Temperatures... mid 60s to lower 70s.
* Impacts... dry weather and gusty winds will result in critical
fire weather conditions.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. Any fires that start
may spread rapidly and become difficult to extinguish.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory
- California - High Surf Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Connecticut - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Warning
- Georgia - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Maine - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- New Hampshire - Special Statement
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Warning
- New Mexico - Winter Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Warning
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wisconsin - Fire Weather Warning
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory