Current Watches and Warnings
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 4:09 PM EDT on May 03, 2015
Expires 8:00 PM EDT on May 04, 2015
327 PM EDT sun may 3 2015
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Monday afternoon into Monday
evening for all of Massachusetts except for Cape Cod and the
islands... northern Connecticut... and northern and central Rhode
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Fire Weather
Watch... which is in effect from Monday afternoon through Monday
* Affected area... Hartford CT... Tolland CT and Windham CT.
Western Franklin MA... eastern Franklin MA... northern Worcester
MA... central Middlesex MA... western Essex MA... eastern Essex
MA... western Hampshire MA... western Hampden MA... eastern
Hampshire MA... eastern Hampden MA... southern Worcester MA...
western Norfolk MA... southeast Middlesex MA... Suffolk MA...
eastern Norfolk MA... northern Bristol MA... western Plymouth
MA... eastern Plymouth MA... southern Bristol MA... southern
Plymouth MA and northern Middlesex MA. Northwest Providence
RI... southeast Providence RI... western Kent RI... eastern Kent
RI and Bristol RI.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 15 mph with possible gusts up to 25 to
* Timing... winds will become most gusty between 3 PM and 6 PM
* Relative humidity... minimum of 15 to 20 percent in portions of
Franklin and northern Worcester counties. Elsewhere minumum
relative humidities ranging from 20 to 30 percent.
* Temperatures... highs in the upper 70s to lower 80s except lower
to mid 70s at the immediate southeast coast of Rhode Island and
* Impacts... the potential exists for dry weather and gusty winds
to result in critical fire weather conditions.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
may occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red flag
warnings. Any fires that start may spread rapidly and become
difficult to extinguish.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Monday afternoon through
Monday evening for low relative humidities... gusty winds and
extremely dry fine fuels for east central New York... western
Massachusetts and northwestern Connecticut...
* affected area... east central New York... Berkshire County in
western Massachusetts and Litchfield County in northwest
* Winds... south to southwest at 5 to 15 mph gusting to 15 to 25
mph... with locally higher gusts possible.
* Timing... 12 PM Monday afternoon to 8 PM Monday evening.
* Relative humidity... 25 to 30 percent.
* Temperatures... mid 70s to lower 80s.
* Impacts... fires may spread rapidly and uncontrollably.
A Fire Weather Watch means that dangerous fire weather conditions
are possible due to the combination of gusty winds... low relative
humidities... and dry fuels. Any fires that develop may quickly
get out of control and become difficult to contain.
- Alaska - Frost Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Fire Weather Watch
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Kansas - Special Statement , Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Fire Weather Watch
- Massachusetts - Fire Weather Watch
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory
- Nebraska - Tornado Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement , Record Report
- New Hampshire - Fire Weather Watch
- New Jersey - Fire Weather Watch
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- New York - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Frost Advisory
- Pennsylvania - Fire Weather Watch
- Rhode Island - Fire Weather Watch
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Special Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Special Statement