New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Washington County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on November 01, 2014
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
29-1 in 1972... heavy snowfall totaled 15.5 inches at Stapleton
International Airport. However... the heaviest snow occurred
on Halloween night when 7 inches fell on trick-or-treaters
during a short 3-hour period. I-25 was closed south of
Denver. North winds gusting to 29 mph caused some blowing
snow on the 1st. The snow started late on the 29th and
ended during the mid afternoon on the 1st. The greatest
snow depth on the ground at Stapleton International Airport
was 13 inches on the 1st.
31-1 in 1951... 6.4 inches of snowfall were measured at Stapleton
In 1989... a Halloween storm dropped 3 to 6 inches of snow on
Metro Denver with the adjacent foothills receiving 5 to
10 inches. Snowfall totaled 4.5 inches at Stapleton
International Airport... where north winds gusted to 31 mph
on the 31st. Most of the snow fell on the evening of the
31st... but the storm left icy streets throughout Metro Denver
on the morning of the 1st... making it a "spooky" commute for
In 2004... heavy snow fell in and near the foothills of Jefferson
and Douglas counties. Storm total snowfall included: 14.5
inches in Aspen Park... 10 inches at Roxborough State Park and
and near Sedalia... 8 inches near Bergen Park... and 7 inches in
Highlands Ranch. Snowfall totaled only 3.2 inches in the
Denver Stapleton area. Post-frontal northeast winds gusted
to 41 mph at Denver International Airport.
1 in 1896... northwest Chinook winds sustained to 40 mph with
gusts to 46 mph warmed the temperature to a high of 60
degrees in the city.
In 1973... wind gusts to 92 mph were recorded in Boulder.
West winds gusted to 41 mph at Stapleton International
Airport where the Chinook winds warmed the temperature
to a high of 70 degrees.
In 1989... a 39-year-old Lakewood man in a motorized
wheelchair was found dead of exposure early in the
morning after an overnight snowfall dumped 3 to 6
inches of snow across Metro Denver.
1-2 in 1892... snowfall totaled 5.0 inches in downtown Denver.
This was the only snow of the month.
In 1956... heavy snowfall totaled 7.0 inches at Stapleton
Airport. The storm was accompanied by much blowing and
drifting snow. North winds gusted to 47 mph.
In 1991... the storm system which hit the Front Range at the
end of October finished the job during the start of
November. Six inches of new snow were recorded at both
Rollinsville and Morrison... while 2.9 inches of snow
fell at Stapleton International Airport where northeast
winds gusted to 17 mph. The temperature climbed to a
high of only 19 degrees on the 2nd... setting a record
low maximum for the date.
In 1995... a winter storm dropped 5 to 8 inches of snow in
the Front Range foothills. The exception was at Golden
Gate Canyon where a foot of new snow was measured. Icy
roads... fog... and blowing snow along I-70 in the foothills
west of Denver caused dozens of accidents. One man was
killed when he lost control of his vehicle and was ejected
when his truck hit a median and rolled over. At least 20
other accidents involved minor injuries. Only 1.0 inch of
snow fell at the site of the former Stapleton International
Airport where some freezing rain also fell.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Arkansas - Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Freeze Watch
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Wind Advisory
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory
- Illinois - Freeze Warning
- Indiana - Freeze Warning , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Maine - Winter Storm Watch
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Michigan - Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Freeze Watch , Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Missouri - Freeze Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- New York - Coastal Flood Statement , Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Freeze Warning
- Oklahoma - Freeze Warning
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Rhode Island - Wind Advisory
- South Carolina - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Warning, Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory, Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning , Freeze Warning, Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Special Statement
- South Dakota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Freeze Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement , Record Report
- - Small Craft Advisory