New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Morgan County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on September 19, 2014
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
15-19 in 1906... rain on 5 consecutive days totaled 1.61 inches.
A thunderstorm occurred on the 17th. High temperatures
ranged from 48 degrees on the 16th to 65 degrees on the
15th. Low temperatures were in the lower to mid 40's.
16-19 in 1971... a record breaking early fall snow storm caused
extensive damage to trees and utility lines. The heavy wet
snow occurred with little wind... but caused record breaking
cold temperatures for so early in the season. Snowfall
totaled 15.6 inches at Stapleton International Airport
with most of the snowfall... 12.0 inches... occurring on the
17th. This was the heaviest first snow of the season.
The maximum snow depth on the ground was 13 inches.
Record low temperatures were set on three consecutive days:
31 degrees on the 17th... 23 degrees on the 18th... and 20
degrees on the 19th... which was also a new all-time record
minimum for the month at that time. Record low maximum
temperatures were set on 4 consecutive days: 48 degrees
on the 16th... 35 degrees on the 17th... 40 degrees on the 18th...
and 42 degrees on the 19th.
18-19 in 1955... heavy rains caused flash flooding across portions of
Metro Denver. Rainfall totaled 1.71 inches at Stapleton
19 in 1955... hail stones to 2 1/2 inches in diameter were
reported north of Denver. The large stones broke many
In 1963... hail to 3/4 inch in diameter fell in Westminster.
In 1983... an unusually strong cold front roared through
Metro Denver during the afternoon hours. At Stapleton
International Airport... the temperature dropped 51 degrees...
from a sunny 86 degrees to a snowy 35 degrees... in just 7
hours. Strong winds and a wall of blowing dust followed
the front. Northeast winds gusting to 36 mph briefly
reduced the surface visibility to 1 mile in blowing dust
at Stapleton International Airport where only a trace of
snow fell later.
In 1996... high winds gusting to 84 mph were measured at
Golden Gate Canyon in the foothills west of Denver.
West winds gusted to only 25 mph at Denver International
- Arizona - Areal Flood Warning , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Special Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Hydrologic Statement
- Indiana - Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Dense Fog Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report
- Nevada - Special Statement
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New York - Winter Weather Statement , Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Dense Fog Advisory
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement
- Utah - Record Report
- Vermont - Winter Weather Statement , Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Record Report