New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Larimer County Below 6000 Feet/Northwest Weld County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on August 27, 2014
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
19-30 in 1875... grasshoppers appeared in great numbers at 10:00 am
on the 19th. Thousands landed on the ground. The streets
were literally covered with them. Swarms of grasshoppers
were seen on each day. All gardens in the city were
devastated... and in the Countryside the grasshoppers were
very destructive to ripened grain. On the 30th the
grasshoppers were so numerous as to almost darken the sun.
26-27 in 1980... two heavy thunderstorms hit Arvada and Westminster...
dumping up to 1.50 inches of rain in less than an hour.
At least two streets were washed out and a number of homes
and cars were damaged when a creek flooded. Three homes
in Arvada sustained minor lightning damage.
27 in 1910... a thunderstorm produced south winds sustained to 40
In 1961... strong thunderstorm winds and heavy rain occurred at
79th and federal Blvd. In Westminster. The strong winds
blew the roofs off lumber sheds onto parked cars.
In 1967... a Young woman was killed by lightning while
horseback riding in the suburbs just west of Denver. Her
horse died several hours after the incident. A Young man
and another Young woman were also knocked from their horses
by the impact of the lightning and required hospitalization.
In 1991... heavy thunderstorm rainfall totaled 0.91 inch at
Stapleton International Airport... where 1/4 inch diameter
hail was measured.
In 1996... localized street flooding occurred in The Fort
Lupton area when 2 to 3 inches of rain fell in 45 minutes.
The roof of a Community College began leaking... which caused
damage to ceiling tiles. The roof was under repair from
hail damage which had occurred earlier in the Summer. A
weak tornado (f0) was sighted near Fort Lupton. No damage
In 1999... a slow moving thunderstorm dumped 5 inches of rain
in 2 hours near Dacono. A severe thunderstorm produced
3/4 inch diameter hail in Castle Rock.
In 2002... severe thunderstorms spread large hail over Metro
Denver. Hail as large as 2 inches in diameter fell in
Jefferson County 5 to 11 miles northwest of Golden. Other
large hail reports included: 1 1/2 inches near Golden and
in lakewood; 1 1/4 inches in nederland; 1 inch hail near
Elizabeth... Louviers... Rollinsville... and blackhawk; 7/8 inch
hail near Acequia in Douglas County. A thunderstorm
produced a trace of rain and a microburst wind gust to
52 mph at Denver International Airport.
In 2003... lightning struck a house and sparked a fire in
Arvada. Damage to the roof and ceiling was extensive.
In 2005... lightning struck an unoccupied home in Parker.
The resulting fire damaged the roof... attic... and second
floor bedroom. Damage was estimated at 15 thousand
27-28 in 2004... a brief chilly spell resulted in three temperature
records. The high temperature of 55 degrees on the 27th
was a record low maximum for the date. The low temperature
of 48 degrees on the 27th equaled the record minimum for
the date. The low temperature of 42 degrees on the 28th
was a record minimum for the date.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Special Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Air Quality Alert
- Delaware - Coastal Hazard Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Indiana - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Heat Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Air Quality Alert , Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Public Information Statement
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- New Jersey - Coastal Hazard Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Dense Fog Advisory
- Ohio - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Warning
- Oregon - Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement