Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Larimer County Below 6000 Feet/Northwest Weld County
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MDT on August 02, 2015
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
18-2 in 1987... a streak of 16 consecutive days of 90 degrees
ranked 4th on the list of hot streaks. The record of
24 consecutive days was established in the Summer of
2 in 1878... the high temperature reached 100 degrees in
In 1911... an apparent dry microburst produced sustained
west winds to 42 mph.
In 1972... one workman was killed and another injured when
a strong gust of wind destroyed a partially completed
apartment building in south Denver. Hail to 1 3/4 inch
diameter fell in Golden.
In 1973... hail to 3/4 inch diameter was reported in Boulder.
In 1986... a major outbreak of severe thunderstorms occurred
along the Front Range. Thunderstorms developed
explosively. Some places were hit by large hail twice.
Two inch diameter hail broke car windows on I-25 west of
Brighton... and up to 1 1/4 inch hail broke windows in
Thornton. Baseball size hail damaged several planes near
Watkins. Funnel clouds were sighted around Aurora. Hail
over 1/2 inch in diameter covered the ground 3 to 4 inches
deep at Hudson northeast of Denver. Most of the hail fell
north of Metro Denver... but 3/4 inch diameter hail was
measured at Stapleton International Airport. Total damage
from the hail storms this day was estimated at over
10 million dollars.
In 1991... late afternoon thunderstorms produced heavy rain
across Metro Denver. Two feet of water covered parts of
I-25 in southeast Denver... while one foot of water covered
parts of U.S. Highway 285 in Englewood. Thunderstorm
rainfall totaled 0.50 inch at Stapleton International
In 2001... severe thunderstorms producing heavy rain and hail...
either washed out or damaged several County roads in the
Watkins and Bennett areas. A small tornado (f0) touched
down near Bennett... but did no damage. Hail as large as
1 3/4 inches in diameter fell near Watkins. One inch
diameter hail was measured near Hudson and Keenesburg.
In 2008... strong winds blew several trees down in Denver...
damaging homes and Downing power lines. A peak wind gust
of 67 mph occurred at centenniel Airport... with gusts to 60
mph estimated in Denver. A peak wind gust of 37 mph was
measured at Denver International Airport. An elderly man
was killed when a wind damaged tree broke free and crushed
him while he attempted to remove it. The downed power
lines caused outages to about 500 xcel energy customers.
2-3 in 1876... grasshoppers were in great abundance in the city
and caused considerable damage to gardens and to crops
in the surrounding farms and ranches.
In 1951... heavy thunderstorms rumbled across Metro Denver
through the night. Heavy rain totaled 3.45 inches at
Stapleton Airport. This was the greatest 24 hour
precipitation ever recorded during the month of August
In 2007... heavy rain caused localized flash flooding near
ft. Lupton. Up to 8 inches of water was reported across
County Road 18. In addition... several other County roads
in the immediate area were washed out.
- Alaska - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Watch, Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , Coastal Hazard Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement, Areal Flood Watch , Areal Flood Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Flash Flood Watch
- North Dakota - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Air Quality Alert
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- - Small Craft Advisory