New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Jackson County Below 9000 Feet
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:50 PM MST on November 22, 2014
Expires 7:00 PM EST on November 24, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 5 PM MST
* timing... snow will continue at times through Monday morning.
Snow will be heaviest tonight and again late Sunday afternoon
* Snow accumulations... total snow accumulations from tonight
through Monday will range from 6 to 12 inches.
* Wind/visibility... west to west northwest winds will blow from
15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph especially on Sunday.
Visibilities will be reduced to a quarter mile at times due to
snow and blowing snow.
* Impacts... roads will become snowpacked and may be icy... so
expect winter driving conditions.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:59 AM MST on November 23, 2014
... Today in Metro Denver weather history...
21-23 in 1918... Post-frontal snowfall totaled 5.9 inches in downtown
Denver. Most of the snow... 5.3 inches... fell on the 22nd.
North winds were sustained to 20 mph on the 21st.
In 1931... a major storm dumped a total of 13.2 inches of
snowfall over downtown Denver. Most of the snow... 11.4
inches... fell on the 21st. A very cold air mass settled
over the city after the heavy snow on the 21st. After a
low temperature of zero... the temperature climbed to a high
of only 5 degrees on the 22nd... a record low maximum for the
21-25 in 1952... snowfall of 6.2 inches was measured at Stapleton
Airport where northeast winds gusted to 17 mph on the
22-23 in 1953... strong winds raked Boulder causing 18 thousand
dollars in damage. Wind gusts to 80 mph were recorded at
Valmont and estimated to 80 mph at the Boulder Airport.
23 in 1899... a trace of snow fell in the city. This... together
with a trace of precipitation on the 16th and 21st... was the
only precipitation of the month... making the month the driest
on record. The record was equaled in November of 1901 and
1949. This trace of snow along with a trace of snow on the
21st was the only snow of the month... ranking the month the
2nd least snowiest on record. This record was equaled in
November of 1884... 1901... 1905... 1917... and 1939.
In 1901... northwest winds were sustained to 45 mph with gusts
to 53 mph. The Chinook winds warmed the temperature to a
high of 70 degrees.
In 1910... west winds were sustained to 42 mph. The Chinook
winds warmed the temperature to a high of 67 degrees.
In 1959... west-northwest winds gusted to 56 mph... briefly
reducing the visibility to 3 miles in blowing dust at
In 1998... winds... estimated as high as 58 mph... caused
several wood trusses installed in a police station
under construction in Castle Rock to collapse. A
construction worker on the roof received minor injuries
when he was struck by one of the trusses. Southeast
winds gusted to 38 mph at Denver International Airport.
23-24 in 1992... a pre-Thanksgiving blizzard belted Metro Denver.
Gusty north to northeast winds at 30 to 40 mph caused
near-whiteout conditions as visibilities were often below
1/4 mile. The strong winds drove snow into drifts of more
than 4 feet. Hundreds of Holiday travelers were stranded
when airlines canceled flights at Stapleton International
Airport where snowfall totaled 7.6 inches and north winds
gusted to 37 mph. Blizzard conditions began around mid-
morning on the 23rd and ended by mid-afternoon... but heavy
snow fell through the night. Snowfall totaled: 12 inches
at Conifer... Morrison... and wheat ridge; 19 inches at
littleton; 16 inches at Castle rock; 9 inches in brighton;
8 inches in aurora; and 6 inches in Parker.
In 1993... a moist upper level disturbance dumped heavy snow
over most of Colorado. Snowfall amounts averaged 5 to 8
inches across Metro Denver. Snowfall totaled 4.6 inches
at Stapleton International Airport where northeast winds
gusted to only 20 mph on the 23rd. The very cold air
mass caused the temperature to dip to a record low of 8
degrees below zero on the 24th. The temperature that day
climbed to only 9 degrees... also setting a record low
maximum for the date.
- Alabama - Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Tornado Watch , Lake Wind Advisory
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Watch, Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Weather Statement , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Tornado Watch , Coastal Hazard Statement , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Hazard Statement , Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Georgia - Coastal Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement
- Kansas - Wind Advisory
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Louisiana - Tornado Watch , Coastal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Statement
- Michigan - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Mississippi - Coastal Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- New Mexico - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- New York - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Record Report
- North Carolina - High Wind Warning
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Oklahoma - Tornado Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Rhode Island - Coastal Flood Statement
- South Carolina - High Surf Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning
- Tennessee - High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Texas - Tornado Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory, Dense Fog Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Avalanche Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Virginia - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Washington - Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- West Virginia - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Weather Statement
- - Tornado Watch
- - Gale Watch