New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, San Juan River Basin
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 9:44 PM MDT on June 19, 2013
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 PM MDT Thursday
for fire weather zones 207 below 9000 feet... 482 below 7000 feet
and 483 below 6500 feet for gusty winds... low humidity... high
Haines index... and dry fuels...
* affected area...
in southwest Colorado...
fire weather zone 207 Durango forecast area below 9000 feet.
In northeast Utah...
fire weather zone 482 western Uinta Basin below 7000 feet... and
fire weather zone 483 southern Ashley National Forest below 6500 feet.
* Winds... west to northwest winds will decrease tonight. Southwest
winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph will redevelop
during he late morning and afternoon hours on Thursday.
* Relative humidity... 5 to 10 percent.
* Haines index... 6 high.
* Impacts... rapid fire growth on any wildfires or prescribed
Burns and agricultural Burns is possible. Open burning is not
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
Please advise the appropriate officials and affected field
personnel of this red flag warning.
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...
http://weather.Gov/gjt (all lower case)
- Alabama - Public Information Statement
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Frost Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Georgia - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Massachusetts - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Advisory
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Nevada - Frost Advisory , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Frost Advisory , Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Record Report
- South Dakota - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
View your local ocean forecast and tides in our Marine Report.
See the latest severe weather alerts from the National Weather Services, locally and nationally, in our Severe Weather Center.
- Storm Protection Measures Going Up Along Part Of Far Rockaway
- Con Edison Begins Installing ‘Smart Switches’ In Westchester
- Storms Bring Heavy Rain, Wind To Much Of Tri-State Area
- Playground Inspired By Sandy Hook Victim To Open; Groundbreaking Set For Another
- Experts Warn Extreme Weather Is Growing More Intense, More Frequent
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.