New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Southwest San Juan Mountains
Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
Statement as of 4:29 PM MDT on July 29, 2014
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on July 30, 2014
726 am MDT Tue Jul 29 2014
... The small stream Flood Advisory remains in effect until 630 PM MDT
for eastern San Miguel County...
At 428 PM MDT... Doppler radar indicated some light rain with more
moderate rain about to enter the advised area. This will cause
small stream flooding in the advisory area.
Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Telluride... Mountain Village... Norwood... Sawpit... Ophir... Trout
Lake... Placerville and Fall Creek.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams... highways and underpasses. Additionally...
country roads and farmlands along the banks of creeks... streams and
other low lying areas are subject to flooding.
Lat... Lon 3779 10789 3786 10800 3782 10821 3787 10824
3790 10829 3815 10831 3815 10796 3812 10795
3812 10790 3801 10789 3799 10780 3793 10773
3783 10780 3781 10783 3779 10782
... Flash Flood Watch remains in effect from noon MDT today
through this evening...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of Colorado and Utah... including the following
areas... in Colorado... Animas river basin... central Colorado
River Basin... central Gunnison and Uncompahgre River basin...
central Yampa River basin... Debeque to Silt Corridor...
Elkhead and park mountains... Flattops... Gore and Elk
Mountains/Central Mountain valleys... Grand Valley... grand and
Battlement mesas... lower Yampa River basin... northwest San
Juan Mountains... Paradox Valley/lower Dolores River... Roan and
Tavaputs plateaus... San Juan River basin... southwest San Juan
Mountains... Uncompahgre Plateau and Dallas Divide... upper
Gunnison River Valley... upper Yampa River basin and west Elk
and Sawatch mountains. In Utah... arches/Grand Flat... eastern
Uinta Basin... eastern Uinta Mountains... La Sal and Abajo
Mountains and Tavaputs plateau.
* From noon MDT today through this evening
* flash flooding is possible this afternoon and evening due to
heavy rainfall from monsoonal moisture and another disturbance
that will move across northern and central Colorado and Utah.
Storms will also be slow moving further increasing flash
* Debris and mud flows will be possible especially near old burn
scars. Normally dry washes and small streams may fill rapidly.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Statement as of 4:00 AM MDT on July 29, 2014
... Record daily rainfall in Grand Junction...
As of 4:00 am Tuesday morning, 0.75 inches of rain has fallen at the
Grand Junction regional Airport. This sets a new record for daily
rainfall received on July 29 in Grand Junction, breaking the
previous record of 0.72 inches from 1908.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 1:26 PM MDT on July 29, 2014
The following are preliminary 24 hour precipitation reports from
western Colorado and eastern Utah, ending around 8 am Tuesday.
Rainfall amounts are in inches.
Western Colorado and eastern Utah 24 hour stations:
Grand Junction, 0.76.
Canyonlands Airport, 0.47.
Official climate stations of western colorado:
Black Canyon National Park, 0.33.
2 miles southwest of Collbran, 0.44.
Colorado National Monument, 0.55.
Crested Butte, 0.43.
3 miles east of Delta, 0.12.
17 miles west of Glade Park, 0.72.
3 miles southwest of Gunnison, 0.16.
Mesa Verde National Park, 1.21.
Montrose #2, 0.53.
1 mile southwest of Paonia, 0.28.
2 miles north of Paradox, 0.71.
Official climate stations of eastern utah:
Arches National Park Headquarters, 0.45.
Canyonlands-the neck district, 0.51.
5 miles south of Durango, 0.23.
5 miles northwest of Hotchkiss, 0.27.
1 mile east of Mesa, 0.30.
6 miles south of Mesa, 1.12.
Castle Valley, 0.14.
4 miles northeast of Cedaredge, 0.32.
9 miles south of Durango, 0.31.
5 miles northwest of Mack, 0.14.
15 miles west of Montrose, 0.28.
Climate reference network sites of western colorado:
8 miles southeast of Cortez, 0.41.
11 miles northeast of Montrose, 0.34.
... La Plata County...
5 WSW Durango 0.98 700 am 7/29 24 hour rainfall
... Mesa County...
3 se Redlands 2.12 730 am 7/29 24 hour precipitation
3 NNE Skyway 1.32 700 am 7/29 24 hour rainfall
1 WSW Grand Junction 1.13 800 am 7/29 24 hour rainfall
2 ESE Redlands 1.01 700 am 7/29 24 hour rainfall
Grand Junction 0.75 410 am 7/29 law enforcement
3 SSE Redlands 0.71 637 am 7/29 trained spotter
... Montezuma County...
Arriola 0.90 521 am 7/29 48 hour rainfall
... Pitkin County...
6 W Aspen 0.96 900 am 7/29 24 hour rainfall
- Alaska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Special Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- District of Columbia - Record Report
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Guam - Flash Flood Warning , High Surf Advisory, Flash Flood Watch
- Idaho - Flash Flood Watch , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Illinois - Record Report
- Indiana - Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Kentucky - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Maine - Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Special Statement , Record Report
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report
- Nebraska - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Nevada - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch
- New Mexico - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New York - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Ohio - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement
- Utah - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Special Statement
- West Virginia - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wisconsin - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement
- Wyoming - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement