New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Grand Valley
Statement as of 3:01 PM MDT on August 27, 2014
Expires 5:15 AM EDT on August 28, 2014
... Wet weather to continue through this evening with some High
Mountain snow possible...
An unseasonably cold low pressure system over the area will
continue to produce showers and thunderstorms over much of eastern
Utah and western Colorado through this evening... with locally
heavy rain still possible.
Over the higher mountains... colder air filtering into the region
will result in snowfall at high elevations mainly above 12000
feet into tonight. However..snowfall amounts will likely be
This Fall-like weather system will be exiting the region late tonight
... Followed by drier air and a warming trend into the weekend.
For the latest information on this storm visit our web site at
weather.Gov/gjt or follow US on facebook or twitter.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:00 PM MDT on August 27, 2014
The following are preliminary 24 hour precipitation reports from
western Colorado and eastern Utah, ending around 8 am Wednesday.
Rainfall amounts are in inches.
Western Colorado and eastern Utah 24 hour stations:
Grand Junction, 0.44.
Official climate stations of western colorado:
Taylor Park, 0.58.
Official climate stations of eastern utah:
Roosevelt radio, 0.14.
4 miles northwest of Colona, 0.40.
4 miles northwest of Hotchkiss, 0.57.
Climate reference network sites of western colorado:
8 miles southeast of Cortez, 0.21.
2 miles east of Dinosaur, 0.54.
11 miles northeast of Montrose, 0.48.
- Alabama - Air Quality Alert
- Arizona - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Air Quality Alert
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Indiana - Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flash Flood Watch
- Kansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Maryland - Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Massachusetts - High Surf Advisory
- Michigan - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Nebraska - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - High Surf Advisory
- North Carolina - Beach Hazard Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning
- Pennsylvania - Air Quality Alert
- Rhode Island - High Surf Advisory
- South Dakota - Areal Flood Advisory
- Texas - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Utah - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Beach Hazard Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wyoming - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement