Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Upper Yampa River Basin
Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:29 AM MST on December 19, 2014
Expires 8:00 PM EST on December 22, 2014
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Sunday morning through
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Sunday morning
through Monday afternoon.
* Timing... snow is expected to develop by early Sunday morning and
continue through Monday. The heaviest snow should fall late
Sunday afternoon and Sunday night.
* Snow accumulation... 8 to 16 inches possible.
* Winds... west 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Impacts... accumulating snow will result in icy and snow packed
roads and highways... especially over the mountain summits. The
combination of snow and fog will limit visibility below 1 mile
at times. Areas of drifting snow can also be expected.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulations and/or blowing snow that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
- Arkansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Storm Watch
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Watch
- Maine - Record Report
- Missouri - Dense Fog Advisory
- Montana - Winter Weather Statement , Dense Fog Advisory
- Nebraska - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- New Mexico - Dense Fog Advisory
- New York - Winter Weather Statement
- Ohio - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Pennsylvania - Winter Weather Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Public Information Statement
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch
- Washington - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Watch , High Wind Watch , Air Stagnation Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- West Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Areal Flood Warning , Special Weather Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory