Current Watches and Warnings
Colorado, Lower Yampa River Basin
Areal Flood Advisory
Statement as of 9:33 PM MDT on June 26, 2016
Expires 11:30 PM EDT on July 01, 2016
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a
* hydrologic advisory for...
northwestern Moffat County in northwestern Colorado...
eastern Daggett County in northeastern Utah...
* until 930 PM MDT Friday
* at 930 PM MDT... gauge reports indicated indicated a stage of 14.9
feet on the Green River near Greendale. Flaming Gorge Reservoir is
releasing 8600 cfs and will continue to release this amount for
the next 3 to 5 days.
* Bankfull stage is 14.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.4 feet.
* The Green River below Flaming Gorge Reservoir will remain near
14.9 feet for the next three to five days through west central
Moffat and northeastern Daggett counties.
Excessive runoff from snow melt will continue through early next
week and cause high inflows into Flaming Gorge Reservoir. Minor
flooding along the banks and in low lying areas will be possible.
Remember at higher flows... river banks can become saturated and
unstable. Caution is urged as these banks can erode or collapse
unexpectedly. Expect extra debris to be swept downstream. Do not let
children play near high flowing rivers.
River rafters and kayakers should use caution with high
flows... strong currents... and cold water temperatures. Novices
should ride with experienced guides or commercial outfitters. Even
experienced boaters should be aware of The Hazards a river presents
at differing levels and rates of flow.
Lat... Lon 4084 10899 4081 10901 4083 10906 4083 10914
4088 10918 4088 10923 4089 10926 4091 10924
4090 10915 4086 10912 4086 10908
- Alabama - Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Colorado - Areal Flood Advisory
- Illinois - Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Beach Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Kentucky - Record Report
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Nebraska - Special Statement
- Nevada - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Areal Flood Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Record Report