Current Watches and Warnings
California, Morongo Basin
Statement as of 8:02 PM PDT on July 01, 2015
... Hottest June ever on record for Las Vegas...
June 2015 will go down as the hottest June ever on record in Las
Vegas. The average monthly temperature for June 2015 was 91.9
degrees scoring a come from behind win in the last two days of the
month over the previous record Holder - June 2013 - which had an
average temperature of 91.5 degrees.
The hottest June ever was a combination of the consistent hot
stretch during the last two-thirds of the month that resulted in
above normal high temperatures and warm low temperatures. The
average high temperature this June was 103.5 degrees which ranked as
the 5th warmest ever. The warmest ever for average high temperature
was 105.0 set in 1940. The average low temperature this June was
80.2 degrees which ranks as the warmest ever for June. The previous
record Holder was 79.1 set in 2013.
There was a record-tying number of days this June with a high
temperature of 105 degrees or greater with 18 such days recorded.
This June record was first set in June 1974. The normal number is 8
This june's most impressive records though came in the low
temperature department. The highest minimum temperature ever for
June - 93 degrees - was logged on June 30th. The previous record
prior to this June was 89 degrees last set on June 30, 2013. There
were a total of 3 days this June in which the low temperature never
fell below 90 degrees. Prior to this June Las Vegas never officially
recorded a calendar day low in the 90s.
The low of 93 on June 30th and the high of 112 that day also
resulted in the average temperature only being 103 degrees. This
ties the warmest average temperature ever for the month of June set
on June 30, 2013.
Official records for Las Vegas date to 1937. All readings are from
the official weather station at McCarran International Airport.
... Warmest June ever on record for Bishop...
At the eastern Sierra regional Airport in Bishop, California the
average June temperature was 75.9 degrees. This ties the warmest
June ever on record set in 1960.
There were a total of 17 days with a high in the triple digits in
Bishop this June. This is a new record for June. The previous record
was 14 days set in 1961 and the normal is 4 days.
Official records at Bishop date to 1943.
... Record number of days of 100 or greater at Kingman for June
A total of 15 days reached 100 degrees or greater this June in
Kingman. This ties the all-time June record set in 1915 and tied in
1936 and 1981.
Official records for Kingman date back to 1901.
The above information is preliminary and subject to a final review.
For final certified data please contact the office of noaa's
National centers for environmental information (ncei) located in
Asheville, North Carolina.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Record Report
- California - Heat Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Flood Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Indiana - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Maine - Dense Fog Advisory
- Maryland - Special Weather Statement
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Nevada - Record Report
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Flood Warning
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Tennessee - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report
- Washington - Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Record Report
- Wyoming - Record Report