Current Watches and Warnings
California, Coastal North Bay Including Point Reyes National Seashore
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 1:17 PM PDT on October 09, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on October 11, 2015
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from Saturday
morning through Saturday evening...
* hazards... a heightened risk of strong rip currents.
* Timing... a long period swell will enter the coastal waters
this evening and will promote strong rip currents through at
least Saturday evening.
* Location... all beaches along the coast from Sonoma County
south into Monterey County.
* Potential impacts... strong rip currents can quickly pull
swimmers into deep water.
A beach hazard statement for rip currents means that conditions
are present to support a heightened risk of strong rip currents.
Rip currents are typically more frequent and stronger in the
vicinity of jetties... inlets... and piers. Swimmers caught in a
rip current should swim parallel to the coast to escape the rip
current before trying to swim for shore. Swimmers should always
swim near a lifeguard.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Watch
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Special Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Kansas - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Frost Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Flash Flood Watch
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Vermont - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Record Report