Current Watches and Warnings
California, Modoc County
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 8:55 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
Expires 4:00 AM EDT on August 03, 2015
... Red flag warning now in effect until 9 PM PDT this evening...
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Sunday afternoon
through late Sunday night...
* thunderstorms: scattered dry thunderstorms late Saturday
afternoon through Saturday evening. Isolated to scattered
thunderstorms are also possible Sunday.
* Impacts: low humidities... hot temperatures... dry thunderstorms
with gusty and erratic outflow winds... and increasing
thunderstorm activity will create erratic fire behavior and new
* Affected area:
in northern CA fire zone... .285.
In south central or fire zone... .625.
* Counties affected: Klamath.
* Wind: west 5 to 10 mph.
Abundant lightning on existing very dry fuels could cause numerous
new fire ignitions. Gusty and erratic outflow winds could also
create extreme fire growth potential.
A red flag warning means that extreme fire conditions are
occurring or imminent.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible red
Statement as of 5:40 PM PDT on July 31, 2015
... Record high temperature set at Montague CA...
a record high temperature of 106 degrees was set at Montague CA today.
This breaks the old record of 102 set in 2014.
- Alaska - Dense Smoke Advisory
- Arizona - Flash Flood Watch , Areal Flood Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arkansas - Flood Warning
- California - Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Flash Flood Watch , Hydrologic Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Flash Flood Watch
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Idaho - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Watch / Flood Statement
- Montana - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch / Flood Statement , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Oklahoma - Flash Flood Watch
- Oregon - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Warning, Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Texas - Flash Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Record Report
- Washington - Excessive Heat Warning , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- West Virginia - Record Report
- Wyoming - Public Information Statement