Current Watches and Warnings
California, Central Siskiyou County
Statement as of 1:27 PM PDT on March 30, 2015
Expires 12:00 PM EDT on April 01, 2015
... Freeze watch remains in effect from late Tuesday night through
A freeze watch remains in effect from late Tuesday night through
* Low temperatures: 27 to 30 degrees.
* Temperature inversion: none expected.
* Timing: 1 am PDT to 9 am PDT.
* Locations include: Weed and outlying areas of the Shasta
* View the hazard area in detail at
* impacts: there is some uncertainty in the temperature
forecast... as clouds and wind could keep temperatures
slightly warmer. This will be a cold and persistent air mass
that will bring the possibility of temperatures that could
damage sensitive vegetation each morning through Friday. The
current forecast indicates Friday will be the coldest
A freeze watch means sub-freezing temperatures are possible.
These conditions could kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Statement as of 2:35 PM PDT on March 30, 2015
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on March 31, 2015
... Rapid change to colder weather Tuesday...
A potent Spring cold front will move across the area tonight into
Tuesday. Mild weather will give way to a much colder air mass
Tuesday that is expected to generally persist into next weekend.
High temperatures Tuesday will be 15-25 degrees lower than today.
The front will bring a period of light precipitation Tuesday with
snow levels dropping from around 9000 feet down to 4500 to 5500
feet. Snow amounts will be mostly an inch or less above 5000 feet.
Gusty westerly winds are expected Tuesday afternoon and evening.
A stretch of cold nights are expected Wednesday through Friday
mornings during which time temperatures may fall below 30
degrees... possibly harming sensitive plants or crops. Scattered
showers on Wednesday will occur with snow levels around 3500
feet... though little or no accumulation is expected.
Those who have outdoor plans... or have sensitive outdoor
plants... should stay tuned for additional updates regarding this
sharp change to colder weather.
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Freeze Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory , High Surf Warning, High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Maryland - Fire Weather Watch
- Michigan - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Dense Fog Advisory
- Mississippi - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Nebraska - Fire Weather Watch
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Flood Warning
- South Dakota - Fire Weather Watch
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Dense Fog Advisory
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement