Current Watches and Warnings
California, Western Siskiyou County
Fire Weather Watch
Statement as of 4:18 AM PDT on August 21, 2017
Expires 2:00 AM EDT on August 23, 2017
... Fire Weather Watch in effect from Tuesday afternoon through
Tuesday evening for abundant lightning with dry fuels for fire
weather zones 280... 281... 282... 284... 285... 617... 621... 622...
623... 624 and 625...
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a Fire Weather
Watch, which is in effect from Tuesday afternoon through Tuesday
* Impacts: lightning with pre-existing dry fuels is likely result
in many new fire starts that could pose a threat to life and
property. Gusty thunderstorm outflow winds could also enhance
fire spread. While significant rainfall is expected to occur in
some areas, other areas are likely to receive lightning with
little or no rainfall. Initial attack resources could be
overwhelmed and holdover fires are possible.
* Affected area: fire weather zones 281... 622... 624... 285...
282... 284... 621... 625... 623... 617 and 280
* counties included: Southwest Jackson, far eastern Douglas,
Klamath, Lake, Siskiyou and Modoc.
* Thunderstorms... scattered thunderstorms beginning over northern
California in the early afternoon and further developing over
the southern Oregon Cascades and Siskiyous and across south-
central Oregon through the late afternoon and evening.
* Outflow winds... gusty and erratic storm outflows.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.
- Alaska - Areal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- California - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Colorado - Dense Fog Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Record Report
- Hawaii - Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Flash Flood Watch
- Kentucky - Special Statement
- Minnesota - Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flash Flood Watch , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Montana - Air Quality Alert
- Nebraska - Flood Warning
- Nevada -
- New Mexico -
- New York - Lakeshore Flood Watch
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- Ohio -
- Oregon - Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Pennsylvania -
- South Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flash Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Wisconsin - Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - Special Statement