Current Watches and Warnings
California, Santa Ana Mountains-Including The Trabuco Ranger District of the Cleveland National Forest
Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory
Statement as of 12:24 PM PDT on September 24, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on September 26, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to 4 PM
... Heat advisory remains in effect from 11 am Sunday to 8 PM PDT
* winds... northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph... except
below the Cajon Pass and through the Santa Ana Mountains where
gusts to 55 mph are possible at times.
* Timing for winds... strongest late Sunday morning.
* Location for winds... strongest winds below passes and canyons
and near the coastal foothills.
* Temperatures... highs in the valleys and inland Orange County
of 95 to 102 Sunday and 95 to 104 Monday with 90s in the Santa
* Impacts... over exposure to heat could lead to heat illness
especially for people at risk... including the elderly and
children. Pets are also at risk. Hazardous driving conditions
for high profile vehicles.
* Outlook..slow cooling for Tuesday with greater cooling for
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds
this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high
profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When
possible... reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 11:53 AM PDT on September 24, 2016
Expires 6:00 PM EDT on September 26, 2016
... Red flag warning in effect from midnight tonight to 3 PM PDT
Monday for strong winds and low humidity for the inland Empire...
the Santa Ana Mountains...
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a red flag
warning... which is in effect from midnight tonight to 3 PM PDT
* Winds... areas of northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35
mph... except 20 to 30 mph with gusts 45 to 55 below the Cajon
Pass... and through and along the Santa Ana Mountains and
foothills Sunday and Monday mornings.
* Humidity... lowest of 8 to 12 percent with poor overnight recovery.
* Outlook... gradual cooling with higher humidity and weaker winds
Tuesday into Wednesday.
* Impacts... any fires that start may exhibit extreme fire behavior
and spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and heat will contribute
to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Special Statement , Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Wind Advisory, Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Advisory , Coastal Hazard Statement , Special Statement , Record Report
- Georgia - Record Report
- Idaho - Frost Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Watch
- Indiana - Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Flood Watch
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Maine - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Massachusetts - Frost Advisory
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Record Report
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- New Hampshire - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Coastal Hazard Statement , Frost Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- North Dakota - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Areal Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch , Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Record Report
- Texas - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- Utah - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Vermont - Frost Advisory , Freeze Warning
- Wisconsin - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report , Public Information Statement