Current Watches and Warnings
California, Los Angeles County Mountains excluding the Santa Monica Range
Statement as of 2:33 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 10 am PDT this morning...
* winds... northwest to north winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 55
mph... strongest through the Interstate 5 corridor. Isolated
gusts around 60 mph across favored ridgetops.
* Impacts... gusty winds will make driving difficult... especially
for drivers of high profile vehicles.
When driving... use extra caution. Be prepared for sudden gusty
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 6:20 PM PDT on June 24, 2016
Expires 1:00 PM EDT on June 25, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect until 10 am PDT Saturday
for gusty northwest to north winds and low relative humidity for
the mountains of Los Angeles and Ventura counties...
* winds... areas of northwest to north winds 25 to 35 mph with
gusts up to 55 mph... strongest through the I-5 corridor.
* Relative humidity... 5 to 15 percent in wind prone areas.
* Impacts... if fire ignition occurs... conditions will be
favorable for extreme fire behavior and rapid fire spread...
which could threaten life and property.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will
create extreme fire behavior. Please advise the appropriate
officials or fire crews in the field of this red flag warning.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 12:09 AM PDT on June 25, 2016
... 24 hour wind gust summary...
Location speed time/date elevation (ft.)
... Santa Ynez Valley...
Sedgwick Reserve, Santa Ynez 36 mph 0300 PM 06/24 1153
... Santa Clarita valley...
Saugus 42 mph 1257 PM 06/24 1450
... Santa Barbara County South Coast...
Refugio hills 43 mph 0706 PM 06/24 1464
San Marcos Pass RAWS 35 mph 0706 PM 06/24 1491
... Santa Barbara County central coast...
pt. Conception lighthouse 43 mph 0510 PM 06/24 24
Jalama beach 40 mph 0611 PM 06/24 29
Santa Maria apt. 36 mph 0240 PM 06/24 242
... Los Angeles County San Fernando Valley...
Malibu Cyn. 38 mph 1256 PM 06/24 609
... Los Angeles County mountains excluding the Santa Monica range...
Sandberg 68 mph 0950 PM 06/24 4510
Whitaker Peak 66 mph 1157 PM 06/24 4120
Warm Springs 50 mph 0653 PM 06/24 4930
... Antelope Valley...
Poppy Park 54 mph 0556 PM 06/24 2759
Lancaster Fox Field 45 mph 0548 PM 06/24 2351
Palmdale apt. 39 mph 0418 PM 06/24 2543
neenach 37 mph 1130 PM 06/24 2960
Observations are collected from a variety of sources with varying
equipment and exposures. Not all data listed are considered official.
- Alabama - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Heat Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Public Information Statement
- Georgia - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- Illinois - Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Indiana - Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert , Air Quality Alert
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Special Statement , Special Statement, Air Quality Alert
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Michigan - Air Quality Alert
- Minnesota - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Flood Warning , Heat Advisory
- Missouri - Special Statement
- Montana - Lake Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nevada - Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Severe Thunderstorm Watch , Wind Advisory
- Ohio - Flood Warning
- South Carolina - Heat Advisory , Record Report
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory
- Tennessee - Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Texas - Flood Warning
- Virginia - Flood Warning
- West Virginia - Areal Flood Warning
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Warning