New York Weather
Current Watches and Warnings
California, Orange County Coastal Areas
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 12:55 PM PDT on October 24, 2014
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on October 26, 2014
... Beach hazards statement in effect from Sunday morning through
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a beach hazards
statement for elevated surf and strong rip currents... which is in
effect from Sunday morning through Sunday evening.
* Waves and surf... 3 to 5 feet with infrequent 7 foot sets...
mainly south of Solana Beach and near Huntington Beach.
* Timing... all day Sunday. Strongest and more frequent rip currents
in the afternoon.
* Impacts... strong rip currents and dangerous swimming conditions
for inexperienced swimmers.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats such as strong
rip currents... elevated surf heights... minor tidal overflow... or
lightning are possible at local beaches. Obey posted warning signs
and flags and talk to a lifeguard before swimming. Use caution when
in or near the water and always swim near a lifeguard.
The National Weather Service wants to hear from you.
Please visit the following link to give US feedback
on the new beach hazards statement:
- Alaska - Record Report
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report
- Iowa - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Record Report
- Maine - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Minnesota - Special Statement , Record Report
- Montana - Record Report
- Nebraska - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Nevada - Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Frost Advisory
- North Dakota - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Oregon - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Texas - Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Washington - Wind Advisory
- West Virginia - Frost Advisory
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement