Current Watches and Warnings
California, San Luis Obispo County Central Coast
Beach Hazard Statement
Statement as of 7:39 PM PDT on October 09, 2015
Expires 9:00 PM EDT on October 11, 2015
... Beach hazards statement remains in effect from 5 am PDT
Saturday through Sunday afternoon...
* hazards... elevated surf... strong rip currents... and sneaker
* Timing... long period south swell is expected to gradually
subside Saturday while a moderately long period southwest
swell will build tonight. Surf heights of 4 to 6 feet... with
local sets to 7 feet. Surf will decrease by Sunday... but
strong rip currents will still be a threat.
* Tides... on Saturday... a high tide around 5 feet will occur
around 845 am PDT followed by a low tide around 1 foot on 300
* Location... exposed west and south facing shores.
* Potential impacts... rip currents can pull swimmers and surfers
out to sea. Sneaker waves can suddenly wash people off of
beaches and rock jetties.
A beach hazards statement is issued when threats to beach and
surf zone safety are expected or occurring. Caution should be
used when in or near the water. Rip currents are powerful
channels of water flowing quickly away from shore... which occur
most often at low spots or breaks in The Sandbar and in the
vicinity of structures such as groins... jetties and piers. Heed
the advice of lifeguards and the beach patrol. Pay attention to
flags and posted signs. If you become caught in a rip current...
do not panic. Remain calm and begin to swim parallel to shore.
Once you are away from the force of the rip current... begin to
swim back to the beach. Do not attempt to swim directly against a
rip current. Even a strong swimmer can become exhausted quickly.
Statement as of 6:00 PM PDT on October 09, 2015
... Preliminary record high temperatures across southwestern
... Highest temperature ever recorded at Camarillo today...
a record high temperature of 105 degrees was set at Long Beach
Airport CA today. This broke the old record of 102 set in 1988.
A record high temperature of 104 degrees was set at Burbank Airport
CA today. This broke the old record of 101 set in 1976.
A record high temperature of 88 degrees was set at Sandberg CA
today. This broke the old record of 87 set in 1996.
A record high temperature of 108 degrees was set at Camarillo
Airport CA today. This broke the old record of 96 set in 1976. This
was also the highest temperature ever recorded at Camarillo since
records began in 1948. The old record was 103 set on September 24,
1978. This also breaks the monthly maximum temperature record for
October. The old monthly record was 102 set on October 7, 1971.
A record high temperature of 96 degrees was set at Santa Barbara
Airport CA today. This broke the old record of 95 set in 1994.
- Alaska - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Arizona - Record Report
- Arkansas - Record Report
- California - Lake Wind Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - High Surf Advisory , Record Report
- Idaho - Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Public Information Statement
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Wind Advisory , Record Report
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Record Report
- New Mexico - Public Information Statement
- New York - Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Flood Warning
- Oklahoma - Record Report
- Oregon - Special Statement , Record Report
- South Carolina - Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Texas - Flood Warning , Air Quality Alert , Record Report
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Fire Weather Advisory , Fire Weather Watch , Special Statement , Record Report