Current Watches and Warnings
California, Redwood Coast
High Surf Advisory
Statement as of 12:55 PM PST on December 19, 2014
Expires 9:00 PM EST on December 20, 2014
... High surf advisory remains in effect until 6 PM Saturday...
... Coastal Flood Advisory will expire at 1 PM this afternoon...
A high surf advisory remains in effect from 2 PM this afternoon
until 6 PM Saturday evening.
* Waves and surf... breaking waves 22 to 25 feet along west and
northwest facing beaches.
* Timing... surf rapidly building this afternoon into tonight.
The large surf will continue into Saturday.
* Impacts... large breaking waves along the coast will lead to
increased wave run-up on beaches with waves topping and
washing over large rocks and jetties. These large waves can be
erratic and unpredictable. Use extra caution near the surf
zone as these large waves will be capable of sweeping people
into the frigid and turbulent ocean waters. Mariners
traversing The Bar are urged to exercise extreme caution
especially during Max Ebb which is predicted to occur around 1
PM... or stay in port until the threat subsides.
The coastal Flood Advisory will expire at 1 PM this afternoon.
Minor coastal flooding is possible again Saturday morning... and
another advisory may be required at that time.
A high surf advisory means that high surf will affect beaches in
the advisory area... producing rip currents and localized beach
- Arkansas - Record Report
- American Samoa - Flash Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch
- California - High Surf Advisory, Coastal Flood Advisory , High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Dense Fog Advisory
- Louisiana - Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maine - Record Report
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement
- Nebraska - Dense Fog Advisory
- Nevada - Winter Weather Advisory
- North Carolina - Special Statement
- North Dakota - Winter Weather Advisory , Dense Fog Advisory
- Oregon - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Record Report
- Utah - Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Areal Flood Watch , High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory, Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Record Report
- Wyoming - High Wind Watch , Winter Storm Watch , Dense Fog Advisory