Current Watches and Warnings
Arizona, Northwest and North Central Pinal County
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:08 PM MDT on May 04, 2016
Expires 11:00 PM EDT on May 05, 2016
... Red flag warning remains in effect from 11 am to 8 PM MST
Thursday for southwest and south central Arizona due to strong
winds... low relative humidity and high fire danger...
* affected area... in Arizona... south-central and southwest
deserts and southern Gila County/Tonto National Forest
* Winds... south 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* Timing... Thursday afternoon and evening.
* Relative humidity... as low as 8 percent.
* Impacts... Bio-fuels in the deserts and mountains are becoming
drier... resulting in high fire danger. These conditions...
combined with low relative humidity and strong winds... will
lead to widespread hazardous fire weather conditions in
southwest and south-central Arizona. Under these conditions...
if wild-fires start... they can spread very quickly.
Please advise the appropriate officials and fire crews in the
field of this red flag warning.
- Alabama - Wind Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement , Record Report
- Arizona - Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement , Public Information Statement
- Delaware - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Florida - Fire Weather Watch , Record Report
- Georgia - Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Illinois - Flood Warning
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Flood Warning
- Kansas - Areal Flood Warning , Flood Warning
- Kentucky - Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maryland - Coastal Flood Statement
- Massachusetts - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Record Report
- Mississippi - Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Nebraska - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Wind Advisory
- New Jersey - Coastal Flood Advisory , Coastal Flood Statement
- New Mexico - Fire Weather Watch
- New York - Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Carolina - Coastal Flood Advisory
- Oregon - Record Report
- Puerto Rico - Flood Watch, Areal Flood Advisory
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- South Dakota - Flood Warning
- Tennessee - Severe Thunderstorm Warning , Wind Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Fire Weather Watch , Air Quality Alert , Hydrologic Statement
- Vermont - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Statement , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report
- Wisconsin - Frost Advisory