Current Watches and Warnings
Statement as of 9:07 AM CST on December 04, 2016
Expires 1:00 AM EST on December 10, 2016
... Flood Warning extended until late Friday night... the Flood Warning
the Cache River near Patterson.
* Until late Friday night... or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:00 am Sunday the stage was 9.4 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 9.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 10.0 feet by
Monday morning. The river will fall below flood stage Thursday
* Impacts at 10.0 feet... pastureland and cropland not protected by
levees in Jackson and Woodruff counties affected. Water is deep
along the shoulders of State Highway 18 near Grubbs. Water over
portions of Woodruff County Road 775 north of State Highway 260.
Fld observed forecast 6 am
location stg stg day time Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Patterson 9 9.4 sun 08 am 10.0 9.6 9.4 9.1 8.9
Lat... Lon 3510 9133 3522 9128 3539 9123 3538 9113
3521 9117 3508 9122
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 2:00 PM CST on December 04, 2016
... Winter weather awareness week in Arkansas...
December 4th through the 9th is winter weather awareness week
in Arkansas. The purpose of this week is to remind people
what winter weather can bring, and how to deal with
hazardous winter conditions. Now is the time to prepare
for the upcoming winter season.
During each weekday, a different winter weather topic will be
covered in a public information statement...
Monday... the outlook for the coming winter
Tuesday... winter precipitation types
Wednesday... winter weather watches, warnings, and advisories
Thursday... winter weather safety rules
Friday... the cold of winter
Climatological winter runs from December through February.
Following two Winters /2013-2014 and 2014-2015/ with colder
and drier than average conditions locally, last winter was
very mild and precipitation was a little above average.
Winter avg temp departure precipitation departure
2013/2014 38.0 -3.3 10.40 -1.72
2014/2015 39.5 -1.8 9.68 -2.44
2015/2016 45.4 +4.1 13.00 +0.88
The odds favored warm/wet conditions last winter based on
past trends. Data shows that Arkansas experienced three cold
Winters in a row only twice since 1895, and three consecutive
dry Winters only three times. In this case, cold is defined as
at least 1.5 degrees below average and dry is at least 1.5 inches
We are currently transitioning from a very strong El Nino to
a possible weak La Nina. This means water temperatures near the
Equator in the Pacific Ocean have cooled significantly in recent
months. Since 1950, several such transitions have occurred. In
four of five transitions, winter temperatures were at or below
average across the state, and precipitation was at or above
average three of five times.
Please visit our web site at www.Weather.Gov/lzk
- Alaska - Blizzard Warning , Wind Chill Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- California - High Surf Advisory , Wind Advisory
- Colorado - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Connecticut - Special Statement
- Florida - Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Public Information Statement
- Guam - High Surf Advisory
- Hawaii - Areal Flood Advisory, Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch , Flash Flood Watch, High Surf Advisory
- Idaho - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning
- Indiana - Special Statement
- Iowa - Public Information Statement
- Louisiana - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Record Report
- Maryland - Winter Weather Advisory
- Massachusetts - Special Statement
- Michigan - Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Minnesota - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Weather Statement , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Mississippi - Record Report
- Montana - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Storm Warning, Winter Weather Advisory
- New Jersey - Special Statement
- New Mexico - Special Statement
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Wind Advisory , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Special Statement
- Oklahoma - Special Statement
- Oregon - High Wind Warning, Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- Pennsylvania - Special Statement
- Rhode Island - Special Statement
- South Carolina - Public Information Statement
- Tennessee - High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch, Wind Advisory
- Texas - Flood Warning , Flash Flood Watch , Coastal Flood Statement , Coastal Flood Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement , Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Wind Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Winter Storm Watch, Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- West Virginia - Winter Weather Advisory
- Wisconsin - Winter Weather Advisory , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Warning , Special Statement , Public Information Statement