Current Watches and Warnings
Alaska, Bristol Bay
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:13 AM AKST on February 06, 2016
Bulletin - immediate broadcast requested
the following message is transmitted at the request of the chugach
National Forest avalanche center - 7 am Feb 2016.
The chugach National Forest avalanche center in Girdwood AK has
issued a special avalanche bulletin.
* Timing... in effect from 7 am today Feb 6 to midnight tomorrow
* Affected area... for Turnagain Pass... Girdwood valley and the
Kenai Mountains in and around the eastern Turnagain Arm.
* Avalanche danger... avalanche danger will be considerable through
the weekend due to 2 to 4 feet of snow that has fallen on an
unstable base. Human triggered large avalanches are likely on
slopes steeper than 30 degrees.
* Precautionary/preparedness actions... backcountry travelers
should choose terrain that is flat or less than 30 degrees in
steepness for a safe weekend. If skies clear for travel into the
alpine elevations... careful snowpack evaluation... cautious
Route-finding and conservative decision making skills will be
necessary to identify and avoid unstable slopes.
Similar avalanche danger may exist at locations outside the
coverage area of any avalanche center. Check www.Avalanche.Org for
your closest avalanche center. Check www.Fs.Avalanche.Org to learn
more about how to identify avalanche hazards.
This special bulletin does not apply to ski areas or highways
where avalanche reduction measures are performed.
For more information visit www.Cnfaic.Org or call cnfaic staff on
duty... Wendy Wagner 435-640-6508 or Graham predeger 907-538-3343.
- Alabama - Flood Warning
- Alaska - Winter Weather Advisory , Winter Storm Watch , Public Information Statement
- Arizona - Lake Wind Advisory
- Arkansas - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- California - Wind Advisory, High Wind Watch , Wind Advisory , Lake Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , Fire Weather Watch , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Colorado - Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning , Coastal Hazard Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Georgia - Flood Warning
- Hawaii - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Record Report
- Idaho - Air Quality Alert
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Indiana - Flood Warning
- Iowa - Wind Advisory , Blizzard Watch
- Kentucky - Flood Warning
- Louisiana - Flood Warning
- Maine - Record Report
- Massachusetts - Coastal Flood Watch , Winter Storm Watch
- Michigan - Flood Advisory
- Minnesota - Wind Advisory , Winter Weather Advisory , Blizzard Watch , Blizzard Warning , Winter Storm Warning
- Mississippi - Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Winter Weather Advisory
- Nebraska - Wind Advisory , High Wind Watch , High Wind Warning
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory
- North Carolina - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Areal Flood Watch , Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Special Statement
- North Dakota - High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning
- South Carolina - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Watch , Lake Wind Advisory , Wind Advisory , Hydrologic Statement
- South Dakota - Wind Advisory , High Wind Warning , Blizzard Warning , Blizzard Watch , Air Quality Alert
- Tennessee - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Special Statement
- Utah - Public Information Statement
- Virginia - Flood Warning , Coastal Flood Advisory, High Surf Advisory , Special Statement
- Washington - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Wyoming - High Wind Warning , Public Information Statement